Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers various academic programmes that lead to Certificates, Diplomas and Degrees. It develops and produces courses for delivery through open learning and distance education mode. IGNOU is also actively involved in research, training and extension education activities.
In its capacity as an Apex Body, IGNOU co-ordinates and monitors distance education system throughout the country and has constituted the Distance Education Council. IT has also provided expertise and assistance to other Open and Distance Learning Institutions in the country.
Partnership Institution of Govt. Aizawl West College has introduced the following IGNOU programmes from the session 2004. For detailed information please contact the co-ordinator R. Lalzawnga, lecturer, Department of Political Science.
Courses Through IGNOU
* Bachelor Preparatory Programme (BPP) (6 months)
* B.A. (Arts) - Political Science
(With Hons) - History
- Public Administration
M.A. - Political Science
- Public Administration (P.A.)
- Rural Development
* Diploma Course - Post-Graduate Diploma in Rural
Disaster Management (one year) etc.
* Certificate Course - Certificate in Consumer Protection (CCP)
- Certificate in Disaster Management (CDM)
- Certificate in Human Rights (CHR) etc.
* Convergence Scheme - B.Com.
- Bachelor of Social Work (B.S.W)
- Certifivate in HIV
* IGNOU Community College - Poultry Farming
- Functional English and
- Diabetic Workers.